Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Baby Naming Celebration!

This was more beautiful than a lot of weddings I've been to. Wow. I couldn't have been happier when I entered the ballroom--- a whole wall of windows, a beautiful spread of goodies WITH labels. And lots of huggy, happy, gorgeous people.


Oh and TONS of chocolate. You can imagine how hard it was for me to stay focused with the chocolate table wafting it's delicious smells at me the whole time!

This is Keren-Dee and her beautiful baby girl of about 2 weeks. Photographing these tiny mamas is really starting to give me a complex. Not everyone needs an extra 40 pounds to nurse? What? .... (yes, that's what I told myself.)

I made them yell something here... I can't remember what--- but that explains the faces, but I still liked it. So alive. Oh my --- I loved this guy and his hat. I bolted over to his table when I spotted him... Oh the ceremony. I had never been to a Jewish ceremony like this and I was so moved by it all. It was just so extraordinary and beautiful--- so full of tradition and history. So many people involved. They spoke, the whole room sang, and then they broke a gorgeous loaf of braided bread to share. So much symbolism, so much support and love.... really amazing.


It's so fun to witness and document an event where so many people are genuinely enjoying themselves--- while happening to have rad hair.

Thanks Keren-Dee!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Took a real look this time. Lillie they're beautiful. Really. The shots, the people, the decor, the editing, all of it. They look amazing and I'm sure they're soooo happy with the result.