Monday, January 11, 2010

hi! i'm lillie

I searched for a photo of JUST me for this section... to no avail.

So many photos... but the chances of me getting on the other side of the camera without somebody I love in my arms is very unlikely
-- so this will have to do.

What would I do without my crew anyway? I can just see myself standing there all awkward... "I don't know what to do with my arms!"

Clearly-- I'm a mommy. I'm a wife. I cook and clean and always wish I did both better. More importantly, I read with silly voices and teach when there's an opportunity and tickle tiny tummies and kiss all sorts of owies.

I switch out my work-out pants for jeans a few times a week and pull out the flat iron for date night. Sometimes a second coat of mascara. va va voom.

I find life to be SO sweet. Just as it is.

I have three under 6, and I complain about the hard days with the best of 'em. But that's mostly just because I have a very weak filter (working on it). If my stomach growls three times in ten minutes you will most likely hear that I'm hungry -- three times--- in ten minutes. My husband loves this about me.

In my defense, I don't even know that I do it.

BUT--- amidst my complaints, I genuinely believe there is no greater calling or joy in life --- than parenting--- and that I am literally THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD because of my family.

I hope everyone feels that way--- and that I can capture it in photo...

so you can frame it on your wall ...

so you can remember it on the hard days. :)

No comments: